Monday, August 15, 2011

getting organized

I'm very surprised at how busy life has gotten lately, and I am making myself go to bed at a better time which is seriously cutting into my blogging time.  There has been non-stop visits from family, a trip to Bear Lake, a family reunion at Zions, getting divorced (almost there), changing jobs (today was my first day, and I think I'm really going to like it), getting ready for school, laundry, finding babysitters again (the only surprise there is that taking them to their dad lasted as long as it did), Ogden Farmers' Market, trying and failing to keep the house presentable, thrifting (from which I am so grounded until I can get my home organized), a couple unfinished DIY projects, fixing dinners, and everything else that comes with an ordinary day.  In the next nine days until school starts (kids and me!) I still hope to visit with more family, go to the splash pad, and finish back to school shopping.  I also decided to learn guitar.  I love singing and would like to be able to accompany myself.  I bought this pink beauty on Amazon. I'm sure it's not much, but it will be fun to pass on to the girls if I get good enough to want a better one.  I think I have about 10 posts in mind that I just need to find the time to write.  Perhaps if I was more organized.....

Last week when my sister was visiting, she stopped at the top of my stairs and said, "Sometimes I see a space and all I can think about is how I would organize it."  I took it as proof that I am terribly unorganized.  Which is true. I am the last person I would go to for organizing advice. Today, my sister started a blog about organizing.  I am her very first follower, and I like to think I am her inspiration.  She plans on posting about once a week, and has promised to make me her special project next time she comes to visit.  So, check out her incredibly cute and helpful blog.  http://leahtheorganizedmommy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment