Thursday, July 7, 2011

a journey

My fabulous sister shared this link with me.  A Story of Beauty & Finding Yourself.  She knew I would relate. 
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” Anais Nin

I've been having a lot of bad days lately.  Partially caused by dealing with kids and their head lice (a story for another day, or maybe not.  I haven't decided.) But mostly because I'm confused at what step to take next.  I'm really proud of the steps I've taken so far.  They have taken me from a place where I was dyeing and brought me back to life.  Now there is a tug of war with my spirit as the rope.  On one side I need to love and accept myself just as I am, and on the other, I need to grow and progress and be headed somewhere.  It can all be very depressing at times. 

How do I bring these two sides that are seemingly opposites around so that they can coexist and strengthen each other? 
I don't have the answer, but I like reading about people who have found their own answers.

I need to remember that even if I don't know where I want my  journey to lead, it is important to keep taking steps.  And while I am walking, I might look up a side road.  It will probably be bumpy and steep, and it will be beautiful.  Then I will know that I want to climb that hill and I will turn my course that way.  Until then, I just need to pick a direction and start walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment