Thursday, June 2, 2011

child care

I thought I might be able to make a big fancy post today.  But my day ended up being occupied by something that most working moms spend much more time on than they would like.  Finding babysitting.  Summer vacation is here and now I need child care for three children.  My youngest's baby sitter is absolutely awesome, and I love the stability she has given in my child's life.  She, however, is unable to take my school age children.  So I used this resource she gave me http://programs.weber.edu/ccrr/.
This is a list of licensed child care providers in Weber, Davis and Morgan counties.  The thing that is really cool about it is that it gives options to suite every persons needs.  You can call and have someone help with the search, or you can search the list on-line.  I, of course, used the online option because phones are just plain scary.  I put in my search criteria and it gave me a list of several area providers.  I found one that I think I will absolutely adore.  Plus she is just  a few blocks from my youngest's provider.  The cost of full-time child care for three children is completely daunting.  Once again my beautiful babysitter comes to the rescue and tells me about state child care assistance.  The application is at this sight: utahhelps.utah.gov .  I'll be working on that this weekend.  There is a whole list of of state provided assistance (unemployment, CHIP, food stamps, child care etc) at this site jobs.utah.gov/jobseeker/indifammore.html .  DWS (department of workforce services) in Ogden is at 480 27th St.  There provide so many useful services.
  Insert Wrench: Ex and I are supposed to be working together to create a "parenting plan" that best serves our children's needs.  But we can't agree.  He has decided that he should be watching the kids all summer.  I can't argue with the money it will save, but I have my apprehensions.  First, he has no idea what he's getting himself into. And second, he actually works the same shift I do.  He assures me that he will be able to change his shift at some unknown future date, and wants a relative that I don't trust to watch them in the meantime.  I promise that won't happen.  I'm trying not to be too anxious and am leaving it to the lawyers.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight. 
  And now a picture of the project I didn't post about today.  This is super exciting because I have never actually put a picture on a blog before.

Well, that was anticlimactic.   

No comments:

Post a Comment