Sunday, June 19, 2011

Menu

I'm so excited that I've finally put together a menu that incorporates so many of the new recipes I've found lately.  I work all day and have found that if I don't have a plan we end up eating a lot of McDonald's and Little Cesar's and all the healthy food I have stocked my kitchen with spoils and goes to waste.  So this weekend I took a few minutes to put together a menu.  I've decided to do a two week menu.  Some people prefer to do it just one week at a time, and others do a whole month at once. It really just depends on works for you and your family.
You'll probably notice that I've included a lot of vegetarian dishes.  This is because they are both healthy, economical, and delicious.  This week I've included tofu, black beans, chick peas(garbanzo beans), lentils, and quinoa.  It will probably be a shock to my poor kids who have become accustomed to their fast food diet, so I've decided to do it with gusto and get the shock all over at once. 

Monday:
Green Bean Pasta Salad with Chick Peas

Tuesday:
Cilantro Lime Tofu and Black Beans
This recipe calls for one can of black beans.  I have dry beans so I will soak 1/2 a cup the night before.

Wednesday:
Damon's Quinoa Salad
This is a recipe given to me by a friend.  I'm especially exited to try it.  I'll take lots of pictures and let you all know how it turns out.

Thursday:
Spaghetti
This is always a favorite for my kids.  I like to cook the noodles with the sauce and add shredded zucchini (the kids don't even know it's there.)

Friday:
Polenta Pizza

Saturday:
Indian Lentil Sandwich Spread
This will be a very busy, running from place to place kind of day.  So, I'll pack up this spread, some peanut butter and a loaf of bread, and we'll be able to eat when we get hungry wherever we are.

Sunday:
Coconut Chicken Curry

Monday:
Vegan Bean Burger

Tuesday:
Taco Tuesday at Viva Market.



Wednesday:
Egg Salad Sandwiches

Thursday:
Stir Fry

Friday:
Quinoa  Red Lentil Soup
This is a main dish crock pot soup.

Saturday:
Out to eat with a friend..

No comments:

Post a Comment