Thursday, June 23, 2011

Renting

Menu update:
The kids aren't really into this new menu, but I'm sticking to my theory that if they look at healthy food enough, one of these times they will actually choose to eat it.  I have really enjoyed everything so far.  I am definitely making last nights quinoa salad again, and when I do I will share the recipe along with pictures.  Tonight's spaghetti was a hit!  Finally, something the kids would eat.  No one cried or screamed or threw their food on the floor.  I'm particularly proud of myself because I made my own sauce.  I threw canned tomatoes, zucchini, and peppers in the blender.  Then added garlic, basil, onions, salt, pepper, and I can't remember what else.  Oh, and some olive oil.  I blended it all up because my kids can only tolerate tomatoes without chunks.  I love chunks, but no sacrifice is too small when it comes to getting kids to eat their veggies.

In other news:
I woke up at 3:00 am this morning to clean house.  I tried cleaning last night but it seemed so futile.  While I was cleaning in one room, three kids were making three more messes in three other places.  So, I got up really, really early while they were sleeping.  Usually cleaning isn't on my urgent list, but the townhouse I'm renting is for sale, and someone was coming this afternoon to see it.  Part of me wants to leave it a mess and sabotage the sale, but my landlords did me a huge favor letting me live here, and I'm really grateful.  Plus, I have issues.  My own house was quite a mess the day I left.  And I wasn't able to go back in and clean months later when we put it up for sale.  I wasn't there when the hopeful buyers saw it and put in their offer, but I saw it a few weeks later.  Those messes six months later are really quite rank.  It was quite embarrassing and I don't ever want anyone to think of me what those people must think (there I go again, caring what others think.  I'm working on that.) So, I really care that people see a clean peaceful home when they come through.
I have a funny feeling that these might be the people who will buy it.  These little premonitions of mine turn out to be true about 20% of the time, so I'm thinking it's time for me to learn how to find a good rental in Ogden.  I've done a little looking on KSL classifieds.  What other resources are there?  What do I need to watch out for?
I've been really lucky with this place.  It has plenty of space and good neighbors, and a built in incentive to keep up with the housework.  I hope I'm 80% wrong and we get to finish the summer here.

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it with the menu! I think you're right -- they're bound to crack eventually, and if you buckle now, it's over.

    ReplyDelete